Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 6 Black wont connect to Laptop

I am using a Hero 6 Black and the genuine USB cable that came with it. If I connect it to my PC it works perfectly. If I connect it to my Lenovo T490 laptop, it is not recognised. It will show the USB/Batter symbol on the screen, but appart from that the laptop wont see the camera or contents. 

My laptop is an 8th gen Intel i7 with 24Gb RAM and 512Gb SSD. 

To check the USB port on my laptop, I have plugged in my DSLR and some USB sticks and external drives. All work perfectly. 

Any ideas what I am doing wrong with the Go Pro?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 6 Black wont connect to Laptop

Some extra information. If I plug the micro SD card directly into the Laptop or my PC, It is not seen. This is the Micro SD card that GoPro supplied with the camera. I have done a format on the card, but it is still not seen. If I put the card in the GoPro, connect it to my PC, it sees it. But it still wont see it if I connect the GoPro to the laptop.

As another test, I borrowed my wifes laptop. A Lenovo X250. Never connected the GoPro to it before. Plugged it in, switched it on and it worked perfectly. I could see the goPro and browse the files.

All my PC's and Laptops are running Windows 10 Pro and are all up to date with the latest 2020-04 update. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Uninstall the MTB drivers on your laptop and then re-install them.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I did that and it makes no difference. Device manager sees the MTP USB Device without any errors in device manager. I uninstalled the device, rebooted the laptop connected the GoPro and it shows again as MTP USB Device in device manager under Portable Devices. The laptop does make the connect and disconnect sounds when I plug and unplug the cable, but no matter what I do, it will not appear in File Explorer

Highlighted
Sightseer

Further update. I did a factory reset on the camera and tried again. No difference. 

I double checked that the firmware was up to date. It is.

I did another factory reset and used a different SD card. No difference.