Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 Black stops recording randomly

Hello!

My Hero 6 black stopped recording at 1 or 2 minutes after I was starting the video, I've updated to the last version and now it stops at about 4 minutes or so and I noticed that the camera gets very warm, especially the lens area.

What is it to be done?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Hero 6 Black stops recording randomly

[ Edited ]

I think i found solution, there was 16mb partition on memory card. I deleted all partitions with windows disk management and made new one(exFAT). After short tests i was able to record 10-20min videos without random stops. i have to make more test to make sure is it completely fixed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hey @cipc8654,

What SD Card are you using? I would recommend giving these steps a try!

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

Best,

Ryan

Sightseer

Hello!

My camera is not freezing up. It works perfectly, but just stops recording for no reason.

GoPro Community Manager

@cipc8654 - When it stops recording, we refer to that as freezing. It does sound like there may be an issue with the SD card you are using with the camera or the firmware on the camera. If you follow the steps in the link Ryan posted, it should take care of the issue. If not, please let us know, and we'll see what else we can suggest for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem ... I record interviews with my Hero6 and randomly it will just stop recording. It doesn't freeze, the battery isn't dead, it just stops. The video is saved, you just have to press the button again and it starts back up.

Super annoying. It's random when it happens too, it isn't at the same time ever in the recording ...

Tourist

And yes, I am using a recommended SD card that has been formatted.

IMG_20180427_083630.jpg
GoPro

Thank you for sharing, @mikeboxelder!

Good to know that you are using a recommended SD card. You mentioned that it happens randomly, but how frequently does it occur? Have you already manually updated the camera? Your camera may already be with the latest firmware but manually updating is highly encouraged since it is a great way to ensure your camera has the latest features as well as help correct any errors with the current software installation. Although maybe far-fetched but please also check if there maybe external factors that might have caused the camera to stop recording like voice commands, wireless connection/Bluetooth connection with a mobile device via GoPro App. 

Regards, 

Marius

Sightseer

Hello!

Is this card ok? 

click here

Thanks!