Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 6 Black stops recording randomly

Naw, they DID send me a different camera, but it's still happening for me ...

Highlighted
Tourist

maybe its memory card issue then? what card should i use?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I think i found solution, there was 16mb partition on memory card. I deleted all partitions with windows disk management and made new one(exFAT). After short tests i was able to record 10-20min videos without random stops. i have to make more test to make sure is it completely fixed.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for sharing your solution @swifttree16136!

Keep us posted. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

Same problem here.

I'm recording in 1920x1080 120 FPS. I use 16GB card which can record 30min in this format.

In 3 out of 10 cases the recording would stop at some point between 5 and 25min. In the remaining cases recording would continue until the card is full.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with overheating because sometimes a "cold" camera stopped after 15min and in other cases it recorded for 60min continuously (at the same room temperature).

I did two things:

1. Updated the SW to the newest version.

2. Formatted the SD card using SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 - official tool from SD Association (free tool)

Apparently one of these two solved the problem. Since that I haven't seen this problem (but I keep testing).

Regards,

Witold

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for sharing, @witolda8. Appreciate you posting back regarding what worked for you. You did right with updating the camera software and formatting the SD card. We would love to hear back from you regarding results of your further testing. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Update from my side:

I have recorded around 20 times until the card was full, and the problem did not reoccur.

So, it looks that formatting the card with the tool solved the problem.

Regards,

Witold

Highlighted
GoPro

Glad to know that @witolda8,

Regards,

-Jay