Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 Black stops recording randomly

Yes it is, @cipc8654

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@mariustanyawrote:

Thank you for sharing, @mikeboxelder!

Good to know that you are using a recommended SD card. You mentioned that it happens randomly, but how frequently does it occur? Have you already manually updated the camera? Your camera may already be with the latest firmware but manually updating is highly encouraged since it is a great way to ensure your camera has the latest features as well as help correct any errors with the current software installation. Although maybe far-fetched but please also check if there maybe external factors that might have caused the camera to stop recording like voice commands, wireless connection/Bluetooth connection with a mobile device via GoPro App. 

Regards, 

Marius

Yes I manually updated.

What would the Bluetooth / GoPro App have to with it stopping randomly? (Cause, yes I am using both ...)

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @mikeboxelder

Thank you for posting back. The GoPro app that works with Bluetooth allows for camera control. Since we have already verified that the camera is updated to the latest firmware, and that you are using a recommended SD card, it would be best to contact our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello! Has this been solved yet?

Does the camera get really hot? This happened to me before. I have it in my car and truck, I would have the ac blowing on it so it would stay cool. Hasn't shut off on me since doing so. When I can't have cool air on it, I bring down the resolution and fps.
Highlighted
Tourist

Still happening to me, yes. Don't think it's an overheating thing.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rapidstoke71345 @mikeboxelder

Cameras may have shorter camera recording times or may get hot and shut down to cool off when recording in high performance modes.

While it's normal for the camera to get warm while in use it should not be to the point where you can no longer touch it.

What SD cards are you guys using? Have you tried doing a manual software update?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Read any of the above replies ... I updated software and am using a correct SD.

It isn't overheating, it just stops recording, but doesn't shut off. And I just have to press the button and it starts right back up.

Highlighted
Adventurer

If you fully formatted the card no quick format or camera format I mean a real full format. and it still does  what you're saying. call up gopro and get a new camera it is a issue.