Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 Black bricked during manual firmware update

Hello everyone,

During a manual update something went wrong and the camera got bricked. No response from the buttons, no lights flashing, no beeps, etc.

I have tried placing firmware update files (1.60 and 2.01) in the root of the micro SD card and pressing mode button however there's no response from the camera. Holding side mode button for upwards of 20 seconds does nothing. Holding both buttons does nothing.

Is there a universal debrick file I could try to get the camera to work again(or at least to turn on)?

I came across a couple other threads on the internet which mentioned debricking files for earlier Hero cameras so I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 Black bricked during manual firmware update

Hi @bluepike43414

If the buttons won't work it would be best to contact GoPro Customer Support instead. 

They would be able to assist. 

Contact Support

Best Regards, 

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

if the cam is bricked I call gopro,   they will have to replace the camera.  

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Is there a way to turn on the GoPro Hero 6 via the USB cable(since the buttons don't work)??

I have the update file loaded on the micro SD card, I just need the camera to turn on and install the file.

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @bluepike43414

If the buttons won't work it would be best to contact GoPro Customer Support instead. 

They would be able to assist. 

Contact Support

Best Regards, 

-Jay