Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 6 Black Zeitrafferfoto bricht automatisch ab

Hallo,

ich habe eine GoPro Hero 6 Black und starte morgens gegen 6 Uhr eine Zeitrafferfoto-Aufnhahme mit 60 Sekunden Intervall. Gegen Mittag bricht die Aufnahme automatisch ab. Ich habe bereits recherchiert und folgendes dazu gefunden:

- nicht kompatible MicroSd-Karte

- manuelles Firmware-Update durchführen

Ich habe mir nach diesem Artikel eine kompatible MicroSd-Karte gekauft - eine SanDisk Extreme V30 mit 64 GB.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Das manuelle Firmware-Update habe ich auch bereits durchgeführt.

Beides hat die Aufnahmeabbrüche leider nicht behoben.

Habt ihr noch weitere Ideen oder Vorschläge?

Grüße

Sascha

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 Black Zeitrafferfoto bricht automatisch ab

Hi @saschas14785

How is your camera set up, are you using an external power source?

Does this happen only when on TL Photos?

Have you tried testing other modes?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The camera is power supplied by USB and is charging all the time (100% all the time).

I also tried the time lapse video mode, but in that mode the camera doesn't charge so I stopped it by myself.

In other video modes I only recorded short videos - but no problems occured.

Of course the micro sd card has enough free storage space. I also tried it freshly formatted.

The setup on the time lapse photo mode:

- 60s interval

- Linear fov

- Protune is off

- RAW format is off

Connections:

- GoPro app is disconnected

- Wireless connections are disabled

Preferences:

- On camera voice control is off

- Auto off is set to 30 minutes

- GPS is on

- Video format is NTSC

thank you

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @saschas14785. Does the camera turn off when the recording stops?  Do you record with the battery in the camera while connected to an external power source? See if removing the battery will make a difference. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, the camera turned off when the recording stopped.

Yes, I recorded with the battery inside while the camera was connected to a external power supply.

I started a new time lapse photo recording in the morning without the battery inside. Until now the camera didn't stop the recording (~11 hours). It seems that way could work. I will leave the recording on until tomorrow evening and will follow it up.

So whats the problem with recording an charging at the same time? Looks like a firmware bug for me?

Thank you! :)

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @saschas14785. It could be a case of the camera warming up. Removing the battery allows for more space to dissipate the heat produced while the camera is in operation. 

Highlighted
Tourist

The 34 hours recording was successfully - without problems. So removing the battery seems to be a solution when a power supply is available. :)

I'm wondering if the camera will stop the recording too when I'm in way hotter regions than spring in germany..

Is the warming up a known issue for all GoPros? I'm a little bit disappointed now. Thought action cams would be made especially for extreme conditions. 22°C/72°F and a little bit sun shouldn't be a challenge or not?

Highlighted
GoPro

@saschas14785, cameras may have limitations when operating in extreme temperatures. Please check out this article Camera Performance in Extreme Temperatures for more information.