Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 6 Black Time Lapse JPG corruption

These are examples on what they look like.   They seemed to be more frequent towwards the end of the footage when running out of memory, however I still had around 20GB left once all said and done and not sure why one picture every two seconds would be affected.  The next picture is in foggy conditions, not sunlight, so not sure if its an ISO issue.  I started the time lapse project with 68 GB out of 128GB already used up with videos.08465.JPG

Highlighted
Sightseer

Out of the 13,001 photos i'd estimate 1,100 were corrupt, and around 1,000 duplicated, the rest were good.  The "corrupt" photos happen around the time the duplicated photos happen near picture 7,225.05660.JPG time lapse.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone, 

Normally it happens when you're not using a fast SD card or not recommended. 

Please try to check if your SD card is on the list: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

If not please try to change your SD card and try to reset your camera and check if will still occur. 

Please let us know. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I am having this same problem. I already test on lots of sd cards, and it only happens with a hi iso or a 2 seconds interval, but i think it is with the iso. And it could only be a camera problem.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pedrohecktheuer

In most cases, this is related to the SD card.

What are the SD cards you have used so far?

You may try to reset the camera's settings.

Also, are you able to share some sample photos so we can assess the issue further?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, I use a sandisk ultra 16gb for timelapse and a sandisk extreme for videos, and in booth cards i have corrupt files.

Here you can see what happens with me when i try to do timelapses with 2s interval.

G0037058.JPG
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @pedrohecktheuer

Ultra cards are not among the recommended SD cards for GoPro cameras. They have been found to work initially, but eventually exhibited issues when used with the cameras. Is your SanDisk Extreme card among the recommended ones on this list? If it is, try formatting the card in the camera, and in a computer prior to using it. Here is how to format the card on a computer. Manually updating the camera will help as well. We would like to make sure that any possible error associated with the current installation is cleared out, hence the manual update

Let us know how it works out when you test again. 

Thanks, 
Marius