Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 6 Black - Stutter and corrupted video files

so you're saying Ultras are good then. that be all you on a slower card.

I heard 2k7 is troublesome on the Hero 6 and if so  then try 4k and see what happens but only in a safe place like your house at a table let it  run. then  wasting a priceless moment   work your issues out then find out.

Highlighted
Backpacker

hi all,

there are here, in this forum, reports for problems regarding dual/split, glitches, lost frames, sticky frames, etc.

from the beginning 4K30fps superview, 2.7k60fps were the settings implicated.

I stressed couple of time that I can reproduce this issues on these settings.

but not on 25/50 fps...in other words I suspect NTSC is the culprit.

I do not have these issues on PAL video mode.

filmed yesterday 2.7K 50fps superview no stabilization (as I used the karma grip) without using a single frame in 4h.

I am in a PAL country....this settings matters only when filming in artificial light, to compensate the 50/60 Hz the light source is powered with...or for somebody will inject the footage in TV input...which I doubt....

try using PAL instead of NTSC.

maybe stabilisation, that I suspect also has a very agresive algorithm, to ruin the footage sometimes, with that freezes like frames....

anyway @royalsand38238.... excellent action!

robert

Highlighted
Hiker

@robert1326 wrote:

I am in a PAL country....this settings matters only when filming in artificial light, to compensate the 50/60 Hz the light source is powered with...or for somebody will inject the footage in TV input...which I doubt....

try using PAL instead of NTSC.

maybe stabilisation, that I suspect also has a very agresive algorithm, to ruin the footage sometimes, with that freezes like frames....

I also live in a PAL country (Austria). However if you want to share your videos on YouTube or vimeo, then you want to go for 60FPS instead of 50, as YouTube only offers 30 and 60FPS streams, not 50.

But thanks for the hint! I will test 50FPS when I get the new SDcard.:)

@robert1326 wrote:

anyway @royalsand38238.... excellent action!

robert

Thanks! :)

Highlighted
Backpacker

@royalsand38238

I also live in a PAL country (Austria). However if you want to share your videos on YouTube or vimeo, then you want to go for 60FPS instead of 50, as YouTube only offers 30 and 60FPS streams, not 50.

good tip! thank you!

posted some on youtube, newer bother with compatibility.....

hmmmm... let me try to publish on YouTube....just curious

have  a good one!

robert

Highlighted
Adventurer

So what you're saying is the flickering is happening with the video and Pal ofyour region? and  since some camera's go the further step for  50.60htz along with ntsc/pal you'll need to  check your program as well if its set up correctly.  

Highlighted
Hiker

@fishycomics wrote:

So what you're saying is the flickering is happening with the video and Pal ofyour region? and  since some camera's go the further step for  50.60htz along with ntsc/pal you'll need to  check your program as well if its set up correctly.  

possible reason why the issue might only occur with NTSC but not PAL could simply be that the sdcard can handle the data produced by 50FPS, but the datarate increase caused by 60FPS is too much.

I got my new sdcard today. will test it tomorrow and see if I still get the issues I reported in the first post.

Highlighted
Adventurer

that be something interesting that  you have to switch regions flickering or signal  to  get the cam to coperate.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem, support chat told me yesterday that the problem is fixed 
with an update in November
Greetings Günther