Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero 6 Black - Stutter and corrupted video files

I switch from a GoPro Hero 5 Black to the new Hero 6.

Used the same settings and SD card as on the Hero 5 (I did format the sd card on the Hero 6).

The first video file from todays trip was okay, but then about half way in the 2nd split file, the recorded video stutters.
I did stop and start a 2nd recording later on. The video is fine again at the beginning but then there is a different kind of corruption going on.

See the video below which shows the problems I just explained.

https://youtu.be/XMisENystO8

Firmware 01.51

Settings:
- WiFi OFF
- Video Stabilization ON
- GPS OFF
- Voice Control OFF
- 2.7K 60FPS wide

SanDisk Ultra 64Gb microSD XC I - worked fine in a GPH5 with the exact same settings!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 6 Black - Stutter and corrupted video files

[ Edited ]

At 1:11  

get a better sd card  ultra are the best card in the world NO!

Highlighted
Hiker

The exact same card worked fine in an Hero 5 Black with the exact same recording settings. So I did expect the card to work in the H6 as well.

However when I look at this page then it seems that I was wrong to expect that. :-/

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Going to get a Extreme Pro tomorrow.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

royalsand38238 I have SanDisk Extreme PLUS 128GB V30 which I used with my Hero 5 Black and had no problems until Hero 6. Look at my footage. It was recorded on 2 different GoPro Hero 6 after exchange from Amazon and firmware update.

https://youtu.be/B-7Kn4FfPG4

Highlighted
Adventurer

Ultras cost like 12.99 for a 32fb you can do better with a faster card and especially with higher bit rates  ifasked.  Yes I do get issues with my hero 5 B with the extreme plus or elite card , yesterday I got a card error but thart is  expected once in a while.   

Highlighted
Nomad

Let me be the first to say. You've got ALOT courage rocking climbing, I tip my hat to you. Be safe, but It's looks awesome !!

Highlighted
Tourist

Exact same issue I was having.  I think it only occurs in superview, 2.7K.  1080 superview  was fine, 2.7K 60fps Wide view was fine.  It’s not a card issue.  SanDisk Extreme Pro write speed is 100mb/s.

Highlighted
Hiker

@stealthvision wrote:

Exact same issue I was having.  I think it only occurs in superview, 2.7K. 

I got it with "wide" at 2.7k 60. But I will first replace my SD card now as mine is not even on the compatibility list.