Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 Black No Sound When Using Audio Adapter From Mixer

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @rockymesa34562. See if the information here will help. Should the issue persist, our Support team will be able to help further. Please let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for the reply @mariustanya. That information does not help... I already know about it. I have contacted tech support several times. Some people have no clue what I am talking about, others are telling me the GoPro is not designed to be used with a "LINE IN" input. I literally asked tech support if they can explain the setting in the camera called "LINE IN" and explain this sentence found on the website under the 3.5mm mic adapter - Enables stereo mic and line input for external audio sources like an audio recorder or mixer.

The person I was talking to could not tell me what that means. I am so frustrated... actually, I am beyond angry. I did a ton of research before I bought this camera. I chose GoPro over another brand and I have been battling with this issue for a year. I have over $700 invested with the camera and accessories (all official GoPro) and over $300 in other gear to try to make this work.

I really don't understand why this is not working. I have read the manual, I have consulted with friends who have the identical set up and theirs works. It's a simple concept... I want my GoPro to capture sound using a line in input.

Is there a higher level of tech support I can talk to? Apparently the people I reach either by phone or chat have no clue.

I have invested over $1000 in my GoPro and it does not work the way it is supposed to. Can you understand why I am so angry????

Adventurer

[ New ]

Here is my take and if you  do a simple test and  let us know you got your answer"

1 Plug in  adapter, plug in mic, turn on camera press shutter, test one two three pres shutter, playback you have sound.  Yes.  No?

then by all means  IMHO I can then plug in still using the standard imput a muc a mixer as long as  ido not increase levels over the  red zone and get sound. so in theory you do not need to use Line in its more a manual or protective  setting if asked.    

yet we type and do not show, the photo of hte one posted the  ports DO NOT show old fashion adapters so are you using thecorrect  adapters?

you have a warany and yet to use it waas what i got out of this and call gopro this is a forum that no one here really has  the answers to.

Hiker

[ New ]

I have tried every setting. There is no audio being recorded.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Sorry that this is becoming a real pain

Options are to call gopro  if you exhaused all  the options the best advice is to get a  audio recorder 

Hiker

[ New ]

First of all... The setting needs to be set to to LINE IN to capture audio when using the mic adapter. When you leave it on MIC it captures sound from the internal microphone.

I have tested all scenarios and settings. I am using the official GoPro mic adapter. Everything else in the chain is of professional quality.

I have already exchanged the camera under the warranty.

Hiker

[ New ]

And what do I do with my camera and accessories? That stuff alone was over $700, not including another $350 spent on more DJ gear and cables, and memory card. I can't just return it for a refund. Sell it at a loss? there are some many GoPros for sale on craigslist and Facebook market place.

Adventurer

[ New ]

So zoom recorders  is not the answer gotcha.  call gopro.