Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 6 Black No Sound When Using Audio Adapter From Mixer

[ New ]

I am not getting any sound when I am recording taking a direrct audio feed into the camera from my mixer.

My workflow is as follows:

I have a Behringer ZMX 2600 zone mixer with XLR outputs. I take a cable that is XLR female (pair) to a single mini stereo jack. I plug that into the official GoPro audio adapter, and into the camera. I make sure the camera is set to Audio Input - Line In. Quick capture is turned off. Below are links to the cable and zone mixer I use.

Cable:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IPMB2XF10--pro-co-10-foot-ipmb2xf-10-1-8-inch-trs-to-2-xlrf-...

Zone Mixer:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ZMX2600--behringer-ultrazone-zmx2600-rackmount-zone-mixer

I have tried several different methods and it is not working.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 Black No Sound When Using Audio Adapter From Mixer

[ New ]

Hello @rockymesa34562

At normal recording set in 1080p 60 fps, a 64-GB card can allow up to  4 hours and 20 minutes of continuous recording time. With Protune, this time is reduced to about 2 hours and 50  minutes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rockymesa34562

Thank you for the details that you provided. Does your camera record audio without fail when on its own? Also, is the SD card that you are using among the recommended ones here

If you have not done it yet, and you also notice inconsistencies with how the camera works, especially in capturing audio during recordings, manually updating the camera firmware will help. You can find instructions under Manual update in this article

This article also discusses the external microphone information with the Pro 3.5 mm mic adaptor which might shed light on why audio is not captured consistently. If tested that the camera is working fine, and the external audio set-up that you have is good as well, it would also be a necessary step to determine if the Mic Adapter is the faulty component. Our Support team can help you with this part. Should you need to contact them, you can do so through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Marius,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions, and ask a few of my own:

The SD card I am using is SanDisk Ultra micro sd XCI 128 gb. It doesn't look like it's on the list. Can this be the reason I am not capturing audio? I have used this card for a while and I have captured audio before, just not with this set up.

From the list, can I use an sd card with greater than 64gb capacity? I see a lexar card, but when I look for it on Amazon, I come up with this: 

https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-microSDXC-UHS-II-LSDMI128CBNL1000R/dp/B00U77V5KU/ref=sr_1_...

I also come up with this:

https://www.amazon.com/SD-V30-A1-U3-Amplim/dp/B077HWWXYJ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1537823304&sr=8...

I am a fan of SanDisk, can I use this?

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-128GB-microSD-Adapter/dp/B07FCMKK5X/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?th=1

The camera catches audio on it's own internal mic with no problem.

I will make sure camera firmware is up to date and run some more testing and report back when I find the problem.

I really appreciate your help. It's frustrating as I am having a hard time getting help with my problem.

- Jim

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rockymesa34562

Yes it might be the reason. 

SanDisk Ultra might work but it causes glitch sometimes. 

It would be best to use the 64GB cards instead. 

The Lexar and SanDisk Extreme(Plus/Pro) v30 video speed class.

Regards,

-Jay 

Adventurer

[ New ]

Make sure you are using Mode on. and you can keep quickCapture enabled.     try this simple test  start your recording. and pull out hte 3.5mm jack and insert, and see if hte sound is working, 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Jay,

I am looking at the cards now and ready to purchase one. I have a quick question... How many hours of video can I record? I understand there are many variables. I have my camera set at 1080 resolution and 60 FPS. I am guessing this are good settings for my application. I am a wedding DJ and I am just aiming the camera on the dancefloor on a tripod.

*Sorry for the questions, I am a newbie at all of this video stuff.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @rockymesa34562

At normal recording set in 1080p 60 fps, a 64-GB card can allow up to  4 hours and 20 minutes of continuous recording time. With Protune, this time is reduced to about 2 hours and 50  minutes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say thanks for all of your help. Unfortunately this is still not working.

I have taken the following steps:

1. I bought an SD card that was recommended ny GoPro tech support

2. I bought a new mic adapter

3. GoPro sent me a new camera (hero 6 black)

Am I missing something here? I just don't get why this is not working. The camera is set to line in, I am using the gopro mic adapter. I am using high quality equipment. I just understand why this is not working. Go Pro tech support tells me I cannot record from a line level audio source. Why are there settings for it? Why is on the website? This is deception at its best, or incompetent tech support. I have spent over $1000 on this camera and related accessories and it is still not working.