Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 6 Black - Laptop requirements

[ New ]

Good evening

I have bought a GoPro Hero 6 Black and recently filmed a LINR video (on 60fps 1440 Resolution), but my laptop seems to not be able to play this video. In the past I have also filmed FOV (wide angle) videos which were able to view on my current laptop, but now the LINR (linear angle) videos refuses. The sound plays, but the picture does not want to view. Eevn on the GoPro Player (Beta) for Windows.

My laptop is Samsung Core i5-2467M 1.6GHz (Windows 10 Pro); 8GB RAM; 64 bit processor.

1. What minimum laptop requirements do I need for video viewing and possibly video editing? 

2. Or I there a possibility to decrease the video quality in order to view videos on my current Samsubg laptop effectively?

Greetings

Jacques

Nomad

Re: Hero 6 Black - Laptop requirements

[ New ]

GoPro Player (Beta) for Windows should be used for GoPro Max or 360 footage only.  Also since it's a beta, this means it doesn't work fully or may be prone to crashing.

Try downloadeding VLC player and see if that will play back your file.  It's likely it was recorded as a HEVC file which windows removed support for back in Fall of 2019 and now they make you buy the codec for .99 cents.

Tourist

[ New ]

Good day,

Thank you for the response. I use VLC by default and also tried Windows Media Player, but it seems like both struggles with playing the MP4 video that was created by GoPro Hero 6.

What do you exactly mean with "GoPro Player (Beta) for Windows should be used for GoPro Max or 360 footage only"? Can't I use this Player to open any GoPro video or image file?

GoPro

[ New ]

@jacques-89, the GoPro Player (for Windows) is only compatible with MAX spherical footage. 

You may check out the suggestions here How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback to help resolve the playback issue on your computer.