Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 6 Black Audio and Visual Issues

[ New ]
Hi there,

I got my GoPro Hero 6 Black back in March 2018 and since the very first week using it I’ve noticed 1 main issue when looking back at my files. The 2nd and 3rd issue I just noticed in a few videos after my most recent trip last month.

1) some videos will start playing normally but then all of a sudden the image will freeze entirely or play in slow motion while the video continues to play and you hear the audio continue. This can also happen from the very start of the video.

2) the video will flicker white occasionally, similarly to an old vhs tape in a dirty vhs player

3) the audio seems to just cut out randomly during parts of the video.

I put up with the first issue for a while because I assumed that the issue couldn’t have caused by my new gopro, so maybe it was my computer playing the video poorly, or not being powerful enough to play back the 4K, or the files were corrupted during the transfer. I transferred all of my most recent files to my brother’s computer that has plenty of ram and is newly built and was saddened to see all of these issues happening now.

I’ve updated the camera multiple times, used a couple different sd cards, and i would really love to fix these issues. Hopefully my camera is still under warranty because getting a new one would be fair.

Thanks,
Thomas
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 Black Audio and Visual Issues

[ New ]

Hi @loyalsurf30317,

May I know what SD card brand and model are you using?

You may also check this list of recommended SD card: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

If you are using a recommended SD card. 

Next thing we have to check is the device?

Is it playing properly on the camera?

Is it playing properly on a mobile device?

Is it playing without an issue using a computer that is compatible with HEVC format. 

What video player are you using?

Also if you need real time assistance you may contact GoPro Customer Support team via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

If you want to contact them through chat just make sure to change your country / language on GoPro's website to English US. 

Regards,

-Jay