04-04-2018 05:44 AM
You'll want to check on the Adobe forums as well as this one if you don't get a working answer. I just did a quick search and found this response from an Adobe moderater from Feb 2018 (things may have changed since this reply).
- Premiere Pro CC 2018 (12.0.1) now supports QuickTime wrapped HEVC (AKA H.265) video files.
- Note that only licensed Creative Cloud members have access to this codec.
- Trial versions do not recognize these files, sorry.
- If you are having trouble with import issues, create a new post, and then file a bug.
- HEVC is not a very performant format, I would recommend you create proxies or transcode the footage at ingest.
- Please return with any questions.