Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 water damage

This is my 3rd time bring my hero 5 on a overseas trip but today there is some water on the front screen of my hero 5. Search the net and suggest to turn off my go pro immediately. Its the 2nd day of my trip and have yet to use for my dive trip which is 2 days from now. My hero is the only camera for my trip! And now im not able to capture my precious moment! Help me out! My hero 5 is perfectly secure when i use it by the beach today.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 5 water damage

sorry to hear that.  If you closed all doors and water got in and youarw on your trip you can   put the camera to theside dry out in a bag of rice. for a numnber of days  in the mean time you can locate a  gopro  telephone number on line at the desktop (Full)  if on mobile and call a rep during USA business hours if that is and see what they can do for you.  otherwise it is a waiting game for it to dry.  good luck

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

sorry to hear that.  If you closed all doors and water got in and youarw on your trip you can   put the camera to theside dry out in a bag of rice. for a numnber of days  in the mean time you can locate a  gopro  telephone number on line at the desktop (Full)  if on mobile and call a rep during USA business hours if that is and see what they can do for you.  otherwise it is a waiting game for it to dry.  good luck

Highlighted
Tourist

Noted on your comment but i heard putting my gopro in a bag of rice will further affect it. Is there any the gopro support can help? This is a trip to remember but it will all go to waste without capturing the moments. Im in a great disadvantage here😭
Highlighted
Adventurer

If you called gopro by now what did they say?