Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 sessions no power, no lights, dead? I've tried the reset

Pulled out SD card recharged battery remotely since plugging in camera shows nothing. Initially screen froze while on a ride so switched batteries and nothing happens. Just dead, no lights nada. Tried the 10 second reset and nada.
I couldn't find anything in any search that had another answer besides the 10 sec reset. Is my camera dead? I've had it for a few months now and...

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 sessions no power, no lights, dead? I've tried the reset

Hello @montanaman42

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the camera. To verify, is it a HERO5 Black, or a HERO5 Session that you have? The title of the query says Session but the description mentioned about switching batteries which is not possible with a Session. If the camera does not show any indication of power even when connected directly to a power source, it could be that the camera is defective. But we would like to gather all details first before concluding so it would be best to contact our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 sessions no power, no lights, dead? I've tried the reset

Hello @montanaman42

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the camera. To verify, is it a HERO5 Black, or a HERO5 Session that you have? The title of the query says Session but the description mentioned about switching batteries which is not possible with a Session. If the camera does not show any indication of power even when connected directly to a power source, it could be that the camera is defective. But we would like to gather all details first before concluding so it would be best to contact our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius