Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 5 session won't export to laptop

Starting today, when i connect to laptop via cord to usb camera turns off. It won't turn on or stay on while charging from the usb. The laptop can't connect because its off. I can't figure out how to fix this and get my videos to my laptop. It would export before.
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 session won't export to laptop

@alinb45172, sorry to hear about the trouble. Just to clarify, are you able to power the camera on when it isn't connected to your computer?

Tourist

Yes, all function work.
Highlighted
Tourist

After some troubleshooting, i think it's my laptop turning off the gopro when conected. the gopro powers on when connected to power via a wall socket but not while conected to laptop usb. i followed the online steps to shut off usb power and also disabled the laaptop turning off devices connected to the usb, but it still wont let the gopro power on. I don't think it's the gopro that has an issue. I will contact the laptop support to figure it out. 

GoPro

Let us know what you find out after contacting the laptop manufacturer, @alinb45172. This will definitely be of great help to other members who might be observing the same issue. Many thanks!