Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 session will not pair with phone 6s

Hi @fireycliff72370

Thank you for going through the suggested steps. Let's isolate where the issue is. Kindly try to run a manual software update.

Once successful. do the pairing process again.

If it's still not working, it could be on the unit itself. Please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. They are available via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

Ej

Adventurer

@fireycliff72370  you have the best option in your hands  return Policy. Use it once that expires then by all means get  with GoPro.  but do not hesitate that return and at the store if  purchased on the spot  try to set up.  If it is your phone, then  you may  need to contact Apple,  good luck

Hiker

Thanks for the further guidance. The manual update did not work. \there was no reaction when the SD card was inserted with the downloaded (and extracted) files. Next steps for me are:

1. Contact GoPro support when they come in to work later today

2. Assuming still unsuccessful, visit my local Apple store to check is anything obvious wrong with the iphone,  then

3. Walk around to the store I bought the camera from and get a refund. 

I will have to think long and hard whether to replace with the same unit (if still avalable,) the new Hero 5 with a screen, or go with another brand.

Thanks again guys.

Explorer

When you say, "Extracted files" did you put the individual files on the card or the Extracted UPDATE folder? You should first format your card and then place the UPDATE folder (not UPDATE.zip) onto the SD card. Insert the card into the camera and then power on using the back power/mode button.
Adventurer

@fireycliff72370

Great to hear   

If we exhausted all options:

deleted gopro App.

Factory reset Cam.

Firmware update and reflash

Hardboot Smartphone

And Now ifI read right if not myBad, you are not   getting Firmware correctly loaded. So let me get to a LS  on the how to load  firmware..

Adventurer

I will do it ina vid not LS sorry

Hiker

I have now followed the various suggestions, including:

1. GoPro App deleted (several times on different iphones).

2. Camera wifi reset.

3. Camera factory reset.

4. Camera firmware updated (successfuly completed - the instructions on the GoPro site are unclear regarding which files to copy)

5. Smartphone hardboot.

I think that covers all of the options / suggestions provided. I am of course hopeful I will get resolution, whether from GoPro support, Apple store support or by exchanging the unit. I will test connectivity as soon as I get my hands on a replacement or alternative in case I see the same issue and need to consider something else.

I still think the camera looks great. A shame all is not well on the connectivity front just now.

Explorer

Bummer that you are having issues now, but hopefully the exchange process goes smoothly and you'll be up and running shortly. It's a fun little camera and provides pretty remarkable performance considering the size.

Best of luck to you.