Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 5 session will not pair with phone 6s

Thanks Jay for providing a task list. I have reset the camera to factory settings and followed the add new connection process, but with no success (the ID and password are displayed but the iphone does not show any gopro related information).

Hiker

I am watching
Hiker

Excellent guide. All good until I got to adding the camera in the app and did not get a Bluetooth pairing request. Also the appearance of the app is different from what you have, so will double check for latest version. I have 4.5.1(2361).
Adventurer

great maybe the problem lies else where.  sorry if I were not helpful but  I feel its something we're missing    hope they can or you can get this worked out

vid will be removed.

Hiker

Thanks again for taking the time to walk me through the process. Even though I still have a connection issue I very much appreciate your support.
GoPro

Hi @fireycliff72370

Pairing the HERO5 Session to your phone no longer requires a Bluetooth pin as the WI-Fi information is provided by the camera.

Kindly go over these steps:

Ensure that both the camera and the app are up to date.

Put the camera on pairing mode, go to your phone's setting and forget the Bluetooth ID and Wi-Fi name.

Once done, reset your camera's Wi-Fi information, see steps below:

1. With your camera off, press the Menu button to turn on the status screen.
  2. Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to "Connections Settings".
  3. Press the Shutter button to select "Connections Settings".
  4. Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to "Reset Connections".
  5. Press the Shutter button to select "Reset Connections".
  6. Press the Menu button to navigate to "Yes".
  7. Press the Shutter button to select "Yes".
  8. "Wi-fi Reset Successful" will appear on status screen.

Turn off the Wi-Fi settings on your phone. Turn the camera off.

Proceed with the pairing process again.

This should get your camera to connect to your phone.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Adventurer

You are certain you are after wireless connection-add new device- chosen gopro app and not  remote etc. then it asks for the pair. as I shown you no longer need to do a single thing its all automatic.  Never aproblem glad you see how simple it really is , maybe like said hardware issue.!

Hiker

Hi Ej,

Thanks for the guidance. I have followed this but with no connection.....yet. I still end up with the camera flashing blue (pairing mode) and the iphone not picking up any signal at all (from the camera).

I have repeated the process with an iphone SE (Connections settings / New Connection / GoPro app). Same result, where the GoPro app gives me the "No GoPro Detected" message.