06-22-2018 02:33 AM
My newly purchased Hero 5 Session will not pair with my iphone 6s. I get the message "NO GOPRO DETECTED" in the app when I trigger gopro pairing on my camera.
I don't have a wifi signal icon on my camera when performing this task (ans I can see no way of adding this). Is this a clue to the failure to pair?
When I look for wfi networks on my phone, there is no GoPro related content.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-24-2018 11:46 AM
I took the Hero 5 session back and replaced it with a Hero. I figured if I still had connectivity issues with the new one at least I would be able to see what I had just recorded. Got it home and tried to connect......it took so little time I almost did not believe it. All good now and am happy with my purchase. Thanks all for the support.
06-24-2018 02:04 PM
Bottom line it works. Unbelievable, chaulk this upto a defective and faulty unit, gopro must be selling on this forum more faulty then working Lol just read up here.... Please finalize this thread and give a solution solved thingy
Great to hear
06-22-2018 06:37 AM
I have repeated the process with my iphone 5, with the same (unsuccessful) outcome. On both iphone 5 iphone 6s, they are unable to see the camera. I have turned off wifi, "forgotten" wifi connections, turned the phones off then back on, turned bluetooth off. I have also reviewed similar postings and followed the guidance provided.
Any clues where I am going wrong.....or is there a chance the gopro unit is duff (and this is why that format of camera is no longer current)? I love the small format, hence why I decided to get one while they were still available.
06-22-2018 09:07 AM
gopro hero 5 session. I will take my personal time out to help you out. do this SUPER SLOW. i check in on the video and post up so I know you are hte one that needs the help I shall wait for the comment, if not I will go forward and hope the video helps. My demonstration will be on a Brand new from factory reset. waiting
06-22-2018 09:12 AM
Please try to follow this.
Remove first all GoPro Related device on the Bluetooth Settings of your Phone.
Reset your camera to factory settings.
1. Open the GoPro App and complete these steps:
- From the home page, tap on the camera icon along the top left corner.
- Tap on "Add Device" along the bottom center.
- Tap on "HERO5 Session”.
2. Please pick up your camera.
- Press the MENU button to power your on camera.
- Tap the MENU button again until you see CONNECTION SETTINGS and select it with the SHUTTER button.
- Press the SHUTTER button to select "CONNECT NEW DEVICE"
- Press the MENU button to highlight the 'check mark', then select it with the SHUTTER button.
3. Go back to the GoPro App and complete these steps:
- Follow the on-screen prompt to exit the GoPro App and go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your device.
- Select the network name and enter the password displayed on your camera.
- Once connected, return to the GoPro App.
You will be asked to pair using Bluetooth. This will extend your GoPro’s battery life. Please tap "Pair."
- After successfully pairing with Bluetooth you will see a live preview and are all set!
Let us know if that will work.
06-22-2018 09:33 AM
Lol got interrupted doing it in five so please post in there I have some one watching is it yoou