Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 5 session problems (battery and connectivity)

[ New ]

Hello,
mine Sission 5, with lates update (v02:51) and recommanded SD card (SanDisk Extreme V30) has some serious battery issues.
- battery life is really poor sometimes I do get less then 30 minutes of recording

- even when not in use, battery is drained after one or two days of not using the gopro (connections and voice control turned off)

Additionally I do have a problem with connecting gopro to my phone. Camera is not found when trying to access it via phone for second time (no problem during first pairing). Conections are turned on on the camera, but phone does not detect the gopro.

I always need to reset the connection in the camera and setup a "new" connection. This is really anoying.

GoPro

Re: Hero 5 session problems (battery and connectivity)

[ New ]

Hi @stoutdusk2321,

It is important to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works smoothly. You may perform a short record time test through the instructions HERE.

Should you get a runtime that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat

When re-connecting your HERO5 Session camera with the GoPro App, I suggest that you make sure first that the Wi-FI your mobile device is connected to your camera before you launch the GoPro App. This will ensure that the connection has been established before you open the GoPro App.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann