Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 5 session overheating issues

Bought it about a month ago. Worked for about 2 weeks with no issues. Now whenever I try to use it, it overheats and shuts off. I was using a class 10 San disk sd card but I was mostly recording in 1080p60..then this happened so bought a Samsung pro+ uhs3. Still having overheating issues. Have been successful in restoring to factory but still overheating.
Please help.
Adventurer

Re: Hero 5 session overheating issues

I used  samsungs cards I have an older one gopro removed off their  list ofcards.    the  top cards to use are Sandisk most popular while Lexars   are as well.   so when you at a lower res you're good but at a higher res  it fails.    Not saying for you to go  get another card but that is what  it leads to    check your card speed the card may be picky for thecam it happens

Tourist

90 mbs write speed for Samsung pro+. Maybe recording at 2.7k caused the overheating. But since then I've set it to 1080p yet it still overheats and shuts off.
Adventurer

anothersuggestion format in the  computer then the camera andsee if that helped  I do not want t osay buy another card, b/c it can sometimes comes down to that. but if there is software/hardware  issues then getto gopro by phone

Tourist

I have formatted the sd card numerous times. Even charging it gives me problems. Both lights turn on when plugged in when it should be blinking and it overheats. Lights remain lit even after unplugging the cable. Bought my gopro through Amazon. Going to return it and hopefully get a refund.
Adventurer

Best thing to do is exchange it ,  Amazon offers a excellent service, in a weels time  you will be  up and running.    could be defective, you never know.