Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 5 session - Keeps turning off

Help!
My go pro hero 5 session keeps turning it's self off when trying to view the videos saved on the memory card, the only way I can view is to keep pushing the settings button on the back. I have a SanDisk Extreme 32gb micro sd card (as recommended by the shop assistant). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Adventurer

Re: Hero 5 session - Keeps turning off

you  have your wireless connection on?

Tourist

Yes, my phone is connected to wifi and then the go pro to my phone
Adventurer

and the camera simply turns itself off each and every time.?

if you're connected teh camera will stay on for so many minutes.   

ifit is turning off, tehn what happens with the sd card out?

Tourist

Yes, each and every time. Once connected if I don't touch anything it will stay on for about 30 secs. I tried without memory card and it says no sd card and turns of.
Adventurer

if you are losing aconnection you got an issue and the camera is  throwing a signal out and recieving it. Is  the wifi on along with bluetooth?

Tourist

Should I take it back to the store I purchased it from, it's only four months old?
Adventurer

If you can not get this to work then that may be your options?  I try to factory reset the camera, format the card by computer and  forget all devices related to the  gopro and try over again.  and then try a firmware reinstall..  sometimes a small bug can kill the  camera it happens.