Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 5 option to turn off display completely?

Is there a possibility (besides waiting one minute for the screensaver)  to turn off the display?

Often times it's not necessary to see the live image, and the display turn's on every time the shutter button ist pressed.

Would be nice to save this bit of energy to get a bit more battery life.

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 5 option to turn off display completely?

@sideonshore - There is not currently an option to turn the LCD display off, but we have passed that feedback along to the teams.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sightseer

This needs to be a major priority i think

Sightseer

I hope my comment here also brings more attention to this problem. I spent quite some time looking for the feature but it wasn't there :/ Hope to see it soon.
Sightseer

I hope to have this option " turn LCD off". Thanks ~ https://youtu.be/zGsH_SzI6G4?t=58s
Sightseer

This is definitely a major issue.
Sightseer

The arrogance of this company amazes me. Simply, they DO NOT LISTEN to their users. How is the world could you make a new camera and not provide for anyway to turn off the display and this to conserve precious power.  Simply amazing in their arrogance.

Tourist

@jefft That's good to know that you have passed the info on.

I'm surprised this wasn't a feature originally... think about all the extra power you could get with the Hero 5 if the screen was turned off while recording. It might beat the Yi 2 then (as of now Yi 2 has the better battery / life).

Weird that it isn't possible as it's on the hero 4.

Any idea if we can find out if it will be incorerated or if it is even possible with a future firmware update (and when)?

Or pass on that more people want this option?