Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Hero 5 now leaking. Sorry GoPro too many issues - you've lost me for life

Had the same problem today. I called in. The GoPro rep was very courteous. She said they have had this problem and they would send me a new one as soon as this one was sent in. Kind of a bummer since I am on vacation and will have to rely on my Hero 3 until the new 5 arrives. Purchased mine over a year ago. Very happy with the customer service I received. Would highly recommend GoPro.
Highlighted
Tourist

Mine is not leaking. All the rest is true. I charge mine properly, but when I need it, it is low in battery. When I try to charge it before using then it refuses to turn on. When I can make it work (taking out the battery and the SD card many times), it works for some time, then stop recording and freezes trying to "recover a file". Every event I try to record in movies, it is a shame. I have a GOPro and it always ends with someone lending me a mobile phone...  Man, it was supposed to be a robust technology, but I had it for one year and obtained less than 15 movie recordings. I am quitting GOPro forever... I was my first and my last experience with this brand, but I would love to know why they marketed something so fragile as device for extreme sports? 

Sincerely, 

Eduardo. 

Tourist

I'm in the same boat, I bought a hero 5 just over a year ago only used it a handful of times never first time using properly in water yesterday and come back up to realise the device is faulty, I can tell it a fault in the device as there is water lodge damage in brother from screen back screen USB compartment and battery, I will very upset if I can't get a new one as this is the company's problem and I've read a lot of comments about the hero 5 having the same problem. I'm hoping to sort this out but the guy I spoke to didn't sound to promising...
Tourist

I'm in the same boat, I bought a hero 5 just over a year ago only used it a handful of times never first time using properly in water yesterday and come back up to realise the device is faulty, I can tell it a fault in the device as there is water lodge damage in brother from screen back screen USB compartment and battery, I will very upset if I can't get a new one as this is the company's problem and I've read a lot of comments about the hero 5 having the same problem. I'm hoping to sort this out but the guy I spoke to didn't sound to promising... oh and it was only underwater for about 1 min and was only about 1 metre under.
Tourist

I'm in the same boat, I bought a hero 5 just over a year ago only used it a handful of times never first time using properly in water yesterday and come back up to realise the device is faulty, I can tell it a fault in the device as there is water lodge damage in brother from screen back screen USB compartment and battery, I will very upset if I can't get a new one as this is the company's problem and I've read a lot of comments about the hero 5 having the same problem. I'm hoping to sort this out but the guy I spoke to didn't sound to promising... oh and it was only underwater for about 1 min and was only about 1 metre under. Nothing was left open and it also has the cover over it
Sightseer

Mosheva I’m thinking the same thing you are I’ve had mine for a couple weeks and haven’t taken it out in the snow yet due to the fear of water leaking into the camera. My Dad got it for me for Christmas and said he read reviews that stated it wasn’t waterproof. I don’t want to find out if it is or isn’t, it would be a very expensive mistake if it turn out not being waterproof.
GoPro Community Manager

Check the seals on the doors to make sure they're clean and in place. Also, make sure the doors are locked firmly in place. Using the frame with the camera is great way to help prevent accidental door openings.

Tourist

Have exactly the same problem every where i read it happening to all the 5s and there trying to blame it on us i recently applied for warrenty and they tried to blame it on me when i know it definitly wasnt my fault.