Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 lense fog

So the first time I used my GoPro Hero 5 underwater (without casing as it is waterproof up to 10m supposedly) the lense fogged up and the pictures and videos are not coming out as clear. Is this normal or should I get my money back/new camera? Apart from the that the camera is exceptional but this fogging up really has me worried and it was the first time using it. Acttached find some pics of the fogged up lense.

Regards.

IMG_0002.JPG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 5 lense fog

@quickboost4184 - The lens cover on the HERO5 Black is removable. Pull on it and twist it about a quarter turn. It should pop right off. Once it's off, clean it out and check the seals around the edges of the lens cover to make sure they're in place. Then, push the lens cover back on and twist it back into place.

The lens cover probably just got a little moisture inside it, but cleaning it out every once in a while always a good idea.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 5 lense fog

@quickboost4184 - The lens cover on the HERO5 Black is removable. Pull on it and twist it about a quarter turn. It should pop right off. Once it's off, clean it out and check the seals around the edges of the lens cover to make sure they're in place. Then, push the lens cover back on and twist it back into place.

The lens cover probably just got a little moisture inside it, but cleaning it out every once in a while always a good idea.

Jeff