Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 black screensaver red blink/line problem

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have a problem with my newly purchased GoPro hero5 black.

There appears a red blink on the backscreen just before the back screen is closed by the screensaver.

What should I do ? I have updated the camera software by wifi and manually. The problem did not resolve. I am very uncomfortable about this problem because I bought the item from US but now I am in my home country. Should I return the item back?

Here you may see the video of that red screen problem. Thanks for your help.

red blink screen.png

red blink screen.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 black screensaver red blink/line problem

Hello @erenc16

This is the first time that I have heard of such an issue. This is not normal and if this is always observed before the rear screen is turned off via screensaver, it would be best to get an exchange. This is especially considering that even the manual update did not do any change. You can contact the seller for return policy. 

Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Support team for assistance. You can reach the team via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 black screensaver red blink/line problem

Hello @erenc16

This is the first time that I have heard of such an issue. This is not normal and if this is always observed before the rear screen is turned off via screensaver, it would be best to get an exchange. This is especially considering that even the manual update did not do any change. You can contact the seller for return policy. 

Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Support team for assistance. You can reach the team via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius