Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 5 black screen won't register touch and it keeps switching on by itself and it changes settings

The screen doesn't want to register my finger touch. The gopro keeps switching itself on and the gopro will randomly change video setting by itself from 4k to 480p and then to 1080. It just keeps changing. I bought my hero 5 last year july and I have already had it replaced because of malfunction. I'm gonna have to send this one back if nobody can solve problems
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 5 black screen won't register touch and it keeps switching on by itself and it changes sett

did you clean your touchscreen wit h anything?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 5 black screen won't register touch and it keeps switching on by itself and it changes sett

No. Haven't done anything. It's been happening for 3 months. It's irratating and gopro do nothing to fix it or give me a new one
Highlighted
Tourist

Please help
Highlighted
Adventurer

if I had that issue I start posting up a video here showing it.  gopro will ask again if you updated firmware, used a better card, and factory rest, Do you think  it is really the touch screen . can't say with the info supplied.