Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 5 black no touch screen

Hi ! I have a Hero 5 black with a black touch screen and I cant reach it by wifi either.
What to do?

regards //Ake

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 black no touch screen

Hi @akea4108

Please go over these steps:

• Check to ensure that the SD card is not inserted between the SD card slot and the battery as this can put pressure on the back of the touch display.
  • Run a manual update.
  • After the update, perform a Factory Reset. Preferences > Factory Reset

Let us know how it goes.

You may also reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I alredy checked the SD card .
3 weeks ago I cheekd but it had the latest software instltalled and it has bee  workning after that.

How can i do a factory reset when the touch screen is black an no connection with wifi?

Best regards //Ake

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @akea4108

The manual update is supposed to get the screen to turn back on.

If it's still the same, let our Support Team know.

You may contact them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Well its still black after manual update and the support chat is closed and the telephone says the office is closed and wants me to phone between 06:00 and 18:00 pacific standrad time, and thats is now 08:35, in my world thats betwen 06:00 and 18:00.

Highlighted
Adventurer

call up gopro and have a talk or chat they can determine issues over the chat , if you can't do anything   look for hte page thart looks like this

contact us.png

Highlighted
Tourist

Well the chat is alwas closed and on the phone there is only an answering machin that wants me to phone in office time. But they never answer on any time so this is crap.......
Where can I reach support?

Highlighted
Adventurer

maybe your time is not gopro time meaningtry it at pacific time calling & chatting.  I am sure it is gopro not youu?