Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 5 black like the first time i turn on

Know everytime I turn on my gopro hero 5 black I have to go through all the setting like it's the first time I turned it on. Tried a factory reset, but still the same.
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 black like the first time i turn on

Hi @turkeyman89,

May I know what specific settings are you referring to? 

Thanks!

-Jay 

Sightseer

When I turn on. I have to select language, set the time and date. Then it go through a tutorial on the camera.
Tourist

I’m talking to support at this moment about same issue.
Highlighted
Tourist

They just made me go through the entire process of manually updated the camera and it didn’t fix it the camera
GoPro

@turkeyman89, @drosenn, we just released an update (v2.7) for HERO5 Black camera. I tried manually reinstalling the firmware update and performing a factory reset on my camera and I wasn't able to replicate this issue on my end.

I have a few suggestions here that might help resolve the problem:

1. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229
  2. Perform a factory reset on your camera following the steps here: Reset Camera Settings

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

I did one process many times and just now both processes and they didn’t fix mine. Go pro requested me to wait 24 hours for a resolution from go pro. I have been a customer from go pro for many years now. I own a karma, hero5black, hero session, housing for underwater, grip, battery packs and charger and I never had this kind of issues with any of my gear. I hope they can solve this issue in a proper way. @aenriquez
GoPro

@drosenn, thanks for going through the suggested troubleshooting steps. To help us further isolate the issue, I want to know as to when did the problem started? Was your HERO5 Black camera working fine before?