Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 5 black frozen

I had the same sd card error as a lot of people multiple times. Went for a ride one day and when i pulled up for a break camera said sd card error, It had also frozen my screen, couldn't even turn it off. It ran out of battery on the way home so i recharged the battery (out of camera) and now the camera will not even turn on, even tried other fresh batteries. When i bought the camera 5 weeks ago i updated it with no problems. For expensive cameras they should work without problems, my hero 4 silver got 'stuck' as well and had to be replaced.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 5 black frozen

Sd cards to cause issues,  My Iphone I had to hit the home and on/off to reset  a number times.   So lets ask did you format the card on a regular bases. cards  can get hiccups you know?  And a simple long press on hte  on/offten seconds could have reset the  camera, rather a pin hole on other devices out there?

Possible some time dow nthe road camera's do give out have issues, not saying yours can have an issue. but once we  learn the camera over time this becomes all normal.

things do happen.  Can you tell us hte SDHX or SDXC card you're using?????

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your reply. Yes formatted card very often, maybe every 8-10 hours, sometimes forced to due to sd card error. Using sdxc samsung evo+ 128g. I have tried holding power button but no go.
Highlighted
Tourist

I used the same sd card in my hero 4 silver with very little problems, rarely it would come up with currupted file but just reformat and good for a few months again. I heard the hero 4 supported up to 64g but i had no real problems using 128g. I have found no size limit anywhere for the hero 5, all i come across it supports sd cards.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem with my new gopro hero 5 black. Bought it 5 days ago. Today it freezed. I had to remove the battery. After 15 minutes when I put the battery back on nothing happens. I've tried everything they suggest on this forum but nothing helps. It won't even charge the battery (no led indication), turn on, or anything.... I'v also tried the manually updating thing by micro sd card.

Help?