Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 5 black freezing on quickcapture

I not even using Quick Capture any more, only voice commands. All is now working as I ecpect it to.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the update. So, my understanding is that you just don't use Quick Capture and are happy to leave it at that?

I use Quick Capture often because I do a lot of video while riding my motorcylce.  The camera doesn't always hear voice commands when I have my helmet on.  These cameras are too expensive to not expect features to work as advertised.  I guess I'll wait to see what happens with my case.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same problem, and found the reason.

So, this gopro frezzes when: There is low ligth, Quick Capture and Voice commands are both enabled.

**SOLVED

Highlighted
Tourist

SOLVED it ain't. Avoidance it is. 

Highlighted
Tourist

To be clear, I turned Voice Control off, because I prefer to use Quick Capture. I will not buy another GoPro product because of the way they handled this matter. Not to mention, I strongly disagree with misadvertising products. If it can't do one or the other, state that honestly. instead, they deny the problem entirely. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Before my orginal post on 12-10-18, I had already received a warranty replacement from GoPro but it was still freezing in low light conditions when using Quick Capture and Voice Commands enabled.  That's when I found this thread.

I submitted another warranty claim and referenced this thread to GoPro Tech Support but it didn't appear they cared.  Anyway, weeks and then months went by without hearing from them and it really pissed me off!  

Then, on February 12, 2019, I received an email from Tech Support regarding my case.  They set up an RMA and emailed me a FedEx label to return the defective GoPro.  I've been on bereavement leave so it was just shipped back via FedEx today.

I'm supposed to receive a new camera once they receive the defective one.  They haven't said it by I think they are finally acknowledging there is a legitimate problem here.  I'll post again with a follow-up.

That said, I have serious reservations about buying another GoPro product in the future.  The support has been very unsatisfactory.

Highlighted
Tourist

@brandopatrone wrote:

Before my orginal post on 12-10-18, I had already received a warranty replacement from GoPro but it was still freezing in low light conditions when using Quick Capture and Voice Commands enabled.  That's when I found this thread.

I submitted another warranty claim and referenced this thread to GoPro Tech Support but it didn't appear they cared.  Anyway, weeks and then months went by without hearing from them and it really pissed me off!  

Then, on February 12, 2019, I received an email from Tech Support regarding my case.  They set up an RMA and emailed me a FedEx label to return the defective GoPro.  I've been on bereavement leave so it was just shipped back via FedEx today.

I'm supposed to receive a new camera once they receive the defective one.  They haven't said it by I think they are finally acknowledging there is a legitimate problem here.  I'll post again with a follow-up.

That said, I have serious reservations about buying another GoPro product in the future.  The support has been very unsatisfactory.

Absolutely, their support is horrible. They have been completely arrogant in their manner, I can not support a company that treats clients this way. I won't, there is too much competition out there. I can't think of a single reason why someoine should not consider alterrnative action cameras, there are many to choose from.