Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 5 black freezing on quickcapture

You did not. Return it and go with the Nikon. Super reliable, and significantly better customer service. These guys at GoPro can't get past their ego in order to resolve the issue.

They were first for action cameras, but they are now only overpriced and behind in technology.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Oh my.. suggestion accepted.. but then i am moto vlogging.. now i have a cheap action cameec which is no longer cutting it. What alternate can you suggest

Highlighted
Sightseer

My Hero 5 (version 2.60) does same thing but only when I have Auto Off set to 5 minutes. Longer Auto Off times (15 min) and up are ok, even with voice commands enabled.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @greenhero34852

In most cases, a manual software update corrects this. 

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team to further isolate the issue. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006wrote:

Hi @greenhero34852

In most cases, a manual software update corrects this. 

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team to further isolate the issue. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Completely FALSE! Don't take my word for it, it is all over the internet indicating that you train your tech support to make that BS claim.

Highlighted
Tourist

In case you wonder, here is all the details of the release note. I see no where the issue in this thread title is fixed. Just live with this crippled feature is my tech advice.

"

NEW Latest release:
HERO5 Black v02.60 | October 19, 2017

HERO5 Black v02.60

HIGHLIGHTS

• Improves the reliability of QuikStories transfers
  • Improves the first-time use experience

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS + BUG FIXES

"

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, none of two previous suggestions worked at 100% to me. I updated manually to FW 2.60 and the results are the same. I also adjusted Auto off to 15 minutes with the same results, only worked the first time, after that, the camera freezes again. Lets say you take out your camera with voice command on and press record button, and cammera freezes because you forgot to remove the cap of lens... you'll lost some nice shot, you need to reset the camera.So, the real problem is when camera is without any ligth ans you have voice command and quick start activated, the cammera will freeze. The solution is to correct the FW.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks, It is happening with Mine.
You help me.