Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 5 black freezing on quickcapture

No luck for me either. Updated to the latest firmware and still faults everytime in low light.
Highlighted
Tourist

My new Hero 5 black has this black screen of death. I searched the web and found this to be a very widespread problem, and I found this thread. I updated to the latest firmware V2.6 and the problem persists. Failure rate is about 1/3 to 1/5 times. I returned the camera back to Amazon and bought another one.

Guess what? The second camera also fails. It fails nearly every time out of the box which has V2.0. Updated to V2.6 and failure rate is about 1/3 to 1/5 times.

If I turn off Voice Control, then it has not fail since. This is simply unacceptable.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I am also have troubles with this. Turning Voice Control off seems to work perfectly. Sucks that we cannot downgrade to an earlier version. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi all!

Just adding my experience as well! Last year I had the issue where the go pro lcd screen took in water when submerged. I fixed this feature by getting a waterproof case.

Now I have this issue with quick capture freezing! No worries, I also fixed this feature by turning off voice command as people mentioned. Will try it out and see if that works!

So far 2 features gone...

Wonder how many more I’ll have to fix!!
Highlighted
Sightseer

I got the exact same problem... I got the v. 2.60 and now i try turning off the voice control, we'll see how it works.... Little disappointed

Highlighted
Tourist

the same problem when I turn off voice control it's all right ..... why don't they fix this they are readingding forum.

Highlighted
Tourist

It's funny because Blake at GoPro had my Hero 5 Black for 2 weeks and claims he was unable to duplicate it. Worth noting, he had the camera plugged in to a power source, and only turned it off and on 2 times a day. He never depleted the battery, and he never actually recorded a y amount of conent. He never tried to duplicate real world use in order to actually experience the issue. 

Or, he lied. They act like they are unaware of the problem, or that it must be my SD card, yet as soon as I turn off Voice Control, everything works just fine. Complete joke. 

My card works just fine in the Nikon action camera, guess I return my GoPro. They are incapable and unwilling to address the issue. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I've been using my gopro sence about 6 months ago and few days ago I had the same issue and today repeated the failure. At first glance, seems deactivating voice control fixes the problem. I will see if this remain as a "solution". Maybe I will try downgrading to 1.57 or lower firmware (my camera has firmware 2.6). Someone asked for a video of the failure, so, I did a quick one to show whats happen.

https://youtu.be/XofN3OzyQZs

I´ve been using this camera for about 6 months. One week before this video, the camera showed the same behavior, but I didn't put much attention. Next day, w...