Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 5 black freezing on quickcapture

Don't buy the 6 if you think that is going to fix it!  I have returned a 5 and two of the six, mine were junk.  My God, for the price of these things you'd think they could build them better.  I have had at least 50 cameras in my life and gopro has been nothing but trouble.  Cannot depend on them.

Tourist

I’m not sure but today I’ve updated the new firmware version and my camera not freeze...!!! Tomorrow I will tested more a lot!!
Tourist

Dejank14712 is spot on. I replaced camera and it is still faulting. How long does gopro normally take to reply to these threads? im new on here.
Tourist

Can you reproduce this problem with the latest firmware?

I have replaced my Hero 5 with Hero 6 so I cannot test if this problem is fixed with latest firmware. 

Btw, Hero 6 works OK - I cannot reproduce this problem on it.

Tourist

Im waiting to test now. Phone and camera battery too low to update the firmware so i will know shortly
Tourist

This morning I decided to test the new firmware. I hit the record button and the camera froze. I do not have a comment. Gopro totally disappointed me ....
Hiker

Maybe gopro should start making freezers instead.

Tourist

This is a good idea!