Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 5 black freezing on quickcapture

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/XofN3OzyQZs

Highlighted
Tourist

Yup, and they are liars about the whole situation. Completely ignored my emails until I emailed the owner himself. Then they continued to deny the problem and waste my time. Turn off voice control and the problem goes away, they claim its an incompatible SD card THAT THEY SELL RIGHT ON THEIR WEBSITE. 

They are a joke. Nick (CEO & Founder) put together an incompetent and unwilling team and is an arrogant jerk about it. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Turn off Voice commands and Quick Capture will work perfectly.

Voice commands and Quick Capture do not work well together.

It's sad, but it's the only thing I've found that works

Highlighted
Tourist

Correct. I sent mine into GoPro and they claimed it works just fine with Voice Control turned on. he was lying cleary. They refuse to own the problem, or they know of the fix and refuse to perform it for some Development reason. They choose to lie about it instead of owning it publicly. 

Unable to trust them again. 

Highlighted
Tourist

It has been so long and no FW update has fixed this problem. Cleary GoPro ain't going to fix it or unable to. At least the company owe us an answer but I am not counting on it given its history.

Highlighted
Tourist

As I said before, I'll try a FW downgrade and I did it. I got FW 1.50 and so far so good with the camera.

. Sometimes onky hears "one and a half beep", and some times seems the camera takes longer to shut off. Also, when there is low light, the camera takes some time to start recording, like if were tethering on the border of failure, but at the end, starts to recording.

Before downgradind FW, I tested the camera with voice commands activated in low light conditions with the bad results wue are discussings. When there is "enough" ligth, the camera works fine with voide commands on.

The 1.50 FW can be downloaded in the description below the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJoTKFwng1U

Downgrade your GoPro Hero 5 Black and continue to use your third party batteries!! GoPro Hero 5 Black Firmware v1.50 : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders...
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Befor you go any further.....

Lets make one point clear, if you arent filiming with a gopro outside you video is going to be **bleep**!

We all know that. Gopro SUCKS indoors.

I've tried 100s of times for a good gopro video indoors and it will never happen.

Gopro's are impossible indoors.

I love the camera outside. But indoors. It's the worst camrera you can do videos with

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same thing happening to me on my new hero 5.. Issue persist after a year of this thread. Did i make a good choice with buying the gopro.