Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 5 black freezing on quickcapture

@makedonskilol wrote:
I just told u how to solve problem.

You did. And clearly you are ok not having Voice Control features. Some of us would like their GoPro to work while still using the advertised features. 

OR, GoPro can step up and do what is right and say, Our product is defective, and we don't know how to fix it. 

But instead, they hide, and make excuses. 

Heck, I even offered to submit their code to my Dev Team and fix it for them. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Y they are **bleep**.
Highlighted
Tourist

I unchecked lowlight toggle to off and had all other toggles on with NTSC selected. Again black screen then ran same test with pal selected and works fine so from my testing it's the pal/ NTSC selection that seems to cause this behaviour.
Highlighted
Tourist

@graycave36473 wrote:
I unchecked lowlight toggle to off and had all other toggles on with NTSC selected. Again black screen then ran same test with pal selected and works fine so from my testing it's the pal/ NTSC selection that seems to cause this behaviour.

And you have Voice Control turned on, while using Quick Capture?

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes it's on
Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

I've same problems in my HERO 5 BLACK.

I've just reported to gopro europe  (from Catalonia...well, Spain at the moment ;-)

Agent (very polite btw) has asked for information about this isssue so i've send him two links:

-This thread.

-Youtube video that somebody put in this thread.

He has told me that all this information will be analized by thecnics team in US in order to find a solution, probably a new Firmware to fix it.

Cross finger waiting for new firmware :-)

Greetings!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sweetrange86464,

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi All - I just stumbled upon this thread a bit late. I, too, am experiencing this freezing issue on both my Hero 5's.  Actually, I returned one of my cameras for replacement and the new one is having the same issue.  After reading this thread and the solution, I found the issue occurs with my other camera too which I thought was working fine. I only thought that because it had Voice Control turned off.

I called Tech Support and explained the situation and pointed to this thread as the exact issue I've been dealing with.  Needless to say, it seems their objective is to have you go through all their troubleshooting again, which is a waste of time, only to come to the original conclusion.  Anyway, the guy I spoke to said he would escalate the issue and get back to me in 24 hours.  I mentioned that this problem has existed for over a year.

Can someone give an update on there situation?  Has your issue been solved with a replacement or are you just turning off Voice Control as a workaround?

Thanks