Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 5 black freezing on quickcapture

I think I might have the answer to solve this issue. I went into settings and changed from ntsc to pal as I’m in the uk and pal is the U.K. standard.  Viola issue is gone. Try it and let me know your findings. 😉👍

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for sharing, @graycave36473. Great to know that the issue is resolved on your end. Others who might be having the same issue will find this helpful. Hopefully, they will be able to share results here as well. Stay stoked!

Highlighted
Tourist

I already posted last year in this thread how to reproduce this problem (2nd page). I pointed out that if following options are set, the problem will occur in low-light environment. If any of these are not set the problem will not occur:

- Voice control ON
- Auto Low Light ON
- Video Stabilization ON
- Video format NTSC

I was really hoping that my post will help GoPro to fix this problem. Instead, they choose my post as a solution for this problem and marked it as solved. I really don't see this as a solution! GoPro should fix this problem so that it does not occur even when these options are set.

Highlighted
Adventurer

- Voice control ON
- Auto Low Light ON
- Video Stabilization ON
- Video format NTSC

camera freezes if any of this is set?? 

Highlighted
Tourist

No! If ALL options are set the problem will occur in low-light environment when QuikCapture button is used (try to cover lens with hand and turn it ON with QuikCapture few times and it will freeze).

If ANY of these options are not set - the problem will NOT occur.
Highlighted
Tourist

Just turn off voice controle problem solved
Highlighted
Tourist

@makedonskilol wrote:
Just turn off voice controle problem solved

Do you consider that to be a viable solution? 

Go Pro advertises that Voice Control works with their camera. They do not advertise that in order to use it you have to sacrafice Quick Capture. 

In 2018, they are unable to solve simple programming issues. Meanwhile, Nikon and everyone else is soaring past them... 

Highlighted
Tourist

I just told u how to solve problem.