03-22-2020 06:03 AM
03-22-2020 08:04 AM
Hello, @quickpike7711. Since you have not used the camera for a long time, it would be best to get it updated first. We recommend doing a manual update following the steps below:
- Go to the HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session update page.
- Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.
Make sure that the camera battery is fully charged and that the SD card used is formatted, and a recommended one.
Once done, reset the camera to factory defaults. Reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Then, pair the camera with your phone again.
Let us know how it works out. Thanks!