Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 5 black connection says capture app

We lost our gopro hero 5 black for a long time and just found it. I have a different phone now and when I tried to download the capture app it doesn't even exist anymore! I downloaded the new gopro app but when I try to connect my gopro it wont connect because its telling me to connect to the capture app... which doesn't exist! Seriously, how doesn't anyone else have this problem? I can't be the only person that went this long without using my camera. Help plz
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 black connection says capture app

Hello, @quickpike7711. Since you have not used the camera for a long time, it would be best to get it updated first. We recommend doing a manual update following the steps below: 

1. Go to the HERO5 Black or HERO5 Session update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that the camera battery is fully charged and that the SD card used is formatted, and a recommended one

Once done, reset the camera to factory defaults. Reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Then, pair the camera with your phone again.

Let us know how it works out. Thanks!