Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Hero 5 USB/HDMI Door Defective

Pretty disappointed. Had a hell of a time getting USB/HDMI door open. Had to use enough force (after literally 20 minutes trying everything I could) that the door came off. I have tried every which way to re-attach. Does not appear to be a way. Drove 50 miles to get it, guess I'll have to return it, but doubt they'll take it back, Any ideas?

image1.JPG
Backpacker

Re: Hero 5 USB/HDMI Door Defective

Nothing to worry about @Anonymous.

The GoPro HERO5 Black, and Session door are designed to 

come off, and on, just like the lens is also.

Their is a certain way to insert the door back in. You'll need to have

the door at a 90 degree angle and push the medal rode into the slot on the 

door. If you can't figure it out, I can have a video, or pictures to show how. 

Anonymous

I've tried and tried...a video/and or photo would be great! Thanks for your reply!

Anonymous

I had the exact same issue. Extremely frustrating trying to get this door back on. A video would be awesome. I can even work with a diagram.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hey dude, figured it out. Your photo shows the door in the closed position. Grab the semi circular piece of plastic that you would like to place around the rod. Pull that away from the main body of the plastic until the door is in the open position this should give you the clearance required to place the semi circular plastic around the rod. Do this using the aforementioned 90 degree angle. 

Pics attached.  

Anonymous

I got it. It was really, really jammed in there. It was obviously just made, so maybe now that I've been through this that won't happen again!

Thanks so much, everyone!!!

- Steve

GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Great news that you got this figureed out. In case anyone else runs into this issue, I just shot a quick video about how to reattach the door on your HERO5 Black.

Jeff

Anonymous

@Anonymous and Jeff.

Had the same issue. It was driving me crazy. Thanks boldwater for posting issue and thanks Jeff for the video. VERY helpful.