Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 Session w/mic adapter NOT recording audio

I have the Hero 5 session with the GoPro mic adapter, and the latest 2.51 firmware, and the audio does not consistently record.  There are times when it does and it sounds fine.  But 80% of the time, it makes a loud pop and then goes silent.  Once it started recording and then faded to silent within a few seconds.  I’ve read how you should power the camera on first and then start recording by pressing the shutter and I’ve tried that.....it did NOT work or solve the issue.   I do not use the capture app on the phone, I normally hit the shutter button to stop and start video.  As I said above, 80% of the time it does NOT record audio. Please help.  This has been a persistent issue for me for 3 months since purchasing this camera. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 Session w/mic adapter NOT recording audio

Hi @epiccreek87887

Thank you for the information. Let's try to isolate if the issue us on the camera or the adapter.

Try to record some videos without the mic adapter and see if you will get the same issue.

Should you have other GoPro cameras with a USB-C port, you may test the mic adapter and see if the issue will persists.

If the issue only happens when the adapter is connected, then the issue is most likely on the adapter.

Our Support Team should be able to help you on this. You may reach out to them by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @epiccreek87887

Thank you for the information. Let's try to isolate if the issue us on the camera or the adapter.

Try to record some videos without the mic adapter and see if you will get the same issue.

Should you have other GoPro cameras with a USB-C port, you may test the mic adapter and see if the issue will persists.

If the issue only happens when the adapter is connected, then the issue is most likely on the adapter.

Our Support Team should be able to help you on this. You may reach out to them by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Adventurer

I stopped using the pro mic adapte

hero 5 session should simply record  vid and aud with a simple press of the shutter only. it clearly shows both hero 5 black, hero 6 Black and hero 5 Session ALL do not work well with that promic adapter?  So it is not you and it is gopro.  no matter what help we get  the problem will always be there.  

FISH