Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 Session charging + intercom sound failure

Hi! I'm using GoPro Hero 5 Session to record my onboards from rally car. Before 5 session I've used Hero 4 silver + adapter for mic to intercom + charging from rally car to usb port of external battery. Works perfectly - sound from helmets was recorded every time.

Now I've changed my camera to 5 session and I have a problem. I'm using Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor with my camera. I plug in the power USB into it and mini-jack from intercom I used with Hero 4. That connection doesn't work. Well - it is recording and charging, but there is no sound from intercom/helmets, just from build-in microphone. When I pull of the USB charging cable, then the sound from the intercom/helmets is recording. It isn't a solution, because during the rally camera must be charged.

Is it possible to charge camera and record sound from intercom/helmets at the same time? Maybe it's a matter of settings?

Best regards

Lukasz

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 Session charging + intercom sound failure

Hi @pomelek

Check if this article will help you on your situation. See the special note regarding QuikCapture.

Thanks!

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 Session charging + intercom sound failure

Hi @pomelek

Check if this article will help you on your situation. See the special note regarding QuikCapture.

Thanks!

EJ