Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 Session Water damage warranty

Hello,

My gopro was damaged when im using it for snorkeling. Its only 1ft depth, and my gopro suddenly blank, im return to shore and checking. When open battery compartment, there is water. Im certainly sure its leaking. and im swear all doors was properly closed, and im using its frame as well while using it.

Im contact with gopro support, but they said this is not under warranty and will not replace with new one. 

Im spending my money to buy this gopro, but only use it for 5 months! They have offered me for 40% discount but if you understand hard how to get another 60%, you will not offer this.

please, im your loyal customer since hero 3, and you will loose your customers with this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 5 Black Water damage warranty

SOrry to hear this.  GoPro will not warranty  watar damage camera's your Hero 5 black  is a waterproof camera, and that is what they been offering  people, a lot who got   damage camera's will create a post, call support and not return to tell tehir outcome, a few will.

40% is hte tops they will offer.  I suggest

If you felt  you were not at  fault, your camera should be acceptable for a  refurbished exchange, and you must prove to gopro its their camera at fault.  I make a video clearly showing each door closed, two or three times and again pressing  firmly, then  submerge  the camera. pat it all dry after out of water so no  outside drops can be    seen. and then open up the one port  door , then the other. water shows. you got a case.

Keep in mind gopro  rushed no gopro uses glue to  enclose the camera and that is where these leaks come from poor glueing! 

I would have gotten if in my region the care pkg  and made sure that covered dunking.

water damage is not covered by gopro day one, we been there and done that with a hero 2 and all tehy do is  offer up to 40% then nothing, it is better then  being out a camera.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

Im sorry, it should be Hero 5 black

Highlighted
Adventurer

SOrry to hear this.  GoPro will not warranty  watar damage camera's your Hero 5 black  is a waterproof camera, and that is what they been offering  people, a lot who got   damage camera's will create a post, call support and not return to tell tehir outcome, a few will.

40% is hte tops they will offer.  I suggest

If you felt  you were not at  fault, your camera should be acceptable for a  refurbished exchange, and you must prove to gopro its their camera at fault.  I make a video clearly showing each door closed, two or three times and again pressing  firmly, then  submerge  the camera. pat it all dry after out of water so no  outside drops can be    seen. and then open up the one port  door , then the other. water shows. you got a case.

Keep in mind gopro  rushed no gopro uses glue to  enclose the camera and that is where these leaks come from poor glueing! 

I would have gotten if in my region the care pkg  and made sure that covered dunking.

water damage is not covered by gopro day one, we been there and done that with a hero 2 and all tehy do is  offer up to 40% then nothing, it is better then  being out a camera.