Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 5 Session Firmware bug (default Photo mode causes crash)

No I'm quite sure it's all of the units.  Among other things, I've had three units and all were identical.  Every unit I've seen stopped working properly after V2.00.  I think there aren't more people complaining both because most people use it for video not photos, and because it's pretty hard to figure out where to complain.  I've also seen people complaining elsewhere about the bug, but just the fact that the camera turns off right away, not in regards to photos.

Tourist

Thanks that helps my descision if to get a replacement or not. Since every unit seems to be affected I guss I stick with mine since there are no further issues for now. Instead of once it couldn't save a clip properly and showed that the file is broken. But that luckily just happened once. 

I guess we have to wait for the next update and get disappointed again. :( 

Tourist

Sorry for resume an old thread, but I just got my new session5 and discovered that it is impossible to go into photo mode with just 1 button pression. So really hard times for people who like to house the gopro for photos and not just videos. Really annoyng bug.

Any news?

Hiker

Sorry to say I don't 'have any updates.  The bug is still there and there isn't even any way to report it to GoPro so I'm not even 100% sure they know about it.  One workaround is to use time lapse mode.  You have to hold down the button for a few seconds but then it will take photos every 0.5 seconds (or whatever you set it to).  It's only one button press.  You have to hold it down but it's totally doable one-handed.