Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 5 - SD Card Stuck in Wrong Slot

[ New ]

Okay call me an idiot but I half blame GoPro for not having any type of printed manual or quick start guide. Their barely speaking English support people were also of little help and yes, I’m brand new to Go Pro.

Sitting here in Hawaii on vacation after opening up my brand new GoPro Hero 5 from Costco and when I went to install the SD card next to the battery I apparently put it in the wrong slot. Yes, this model has what looks like 2 slots but of course only one is the actually slot. Now I can’t get the SD card out of the small space/slot near the real SD card slot. 

Why in the world would they put what looks like a secondary slot next to the real one? At this point I can’t see how I can possibly get this SD card out of the camera. Other then returning it to Costco does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help. 

Adventurer

Re: Hero 5 - SD Card Stuck in Wrong Slot

[ New ]

WHat sdxc card is it in there exactly the card  Is ian Ultra?

Does your screen work because there is a ribbon cable there that you may have seperated.

slot.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the response, it’s the same Sand Disk SD card that came with the camera. Hard to say what model it is now that it’s stuck. Yes, the camera screen comes on but has an on-screen notification that an SD isn’t installed. 

The space where the current card is now is so tight that there’s no way a pair of tweezers can even fit or lift the card out. I also don’t want to damage the camera. It’s possible that if I put a different SD card into the real slot the camera will work fine, I’ll just be stuck with an SD card stuck in the wrong place. 

I still find it hard that GoPro would put to small slots together like that without any real directions.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Bottom line is go return it and get a new one you got everyting  that came with it and you are not going to lose the card as its is the bundle kit.  Now the problem is you forced the card in to an area that is narrower then the sdxc card, and that you said you have difficulty trying to remove.  Costco is pritty good in returns 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, I’m sure returning it to Costco is my only choice. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I’m in West Maui and a long drive from Costco plus there closed today being a holiday. So much for using my new camera in Hawaii.