Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 5 Blank LCD Screen

Hi. I recently purchased the Hero 5 Black. After setting everything up I had three trouble free days of use. On the fourth day after taking my camera off charge I thought something happened because the screen LCD screen on the back was dead. The touch screen still works because there is an indicator on the front that lets you know when you’re in a menu, and the remaining functions seem fine, however there is no display. I have ensured my firmware is up to date and the camera is definitely charged. Help!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 Blank LCD Screen

Hello @coolsand5613

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you have already gone through a manual update process and made sure that the SD card is seated correctly, the next step is to get connected with our Support team. There is a need to determine what may have caused the rear display to not be working and our team will be able to walk you through the process. 

You can reach them by calling, or initiating a chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Please keep us posted on how it works out. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Hero 5 Blank LCD Screen

Hello @coolsand5613

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you have already gone through a manual update process and made sure that the SD card is seated correctly, the next step is to get connected with our Support team. There is a need to determine what may have caused the rear display to not be working and our team will be able to walk you through the process. 

You can reach them by calling, or initiating a chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Please keep us posted on how it works out. 

Best regards, 
Marius