Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero 5 Black sd error

...clarification accepted Man Wink

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi, ok so I had the same problem. I bought a sandisk sd card from best buy bc it was suggested on the website. Turns out it doesnt work :| After going BACK to best buy for the third time, exchanging 3 goPro hero 5's, it turns out (after some research done) that goPro and sandisk are having problems together and are trying to figure it out, so i reccommend just straight up getting a lexar mirco sd card, make sure its fast, probably around 90-95 mb/s is really good, or it can have a large U with a three on the packaing (im not very techy, dont know what it means, just know its good, sorry), but yeah hope this helps. Also if there are problems after purchasing the lexar (which i havent had ANY, thank god) but there is a setting under preferences in the go pro to reformat the card , so thats an option or if u really want to try, you can factory reset the camera. ALSO QUICK TIP PUT THE MICRO SD CARD IN AFTER YOU TURN ON THE CAMERA, thats what the tech at best buy reccommended to me :) 

Highlighted
Anonymous

i have bought PNY http://amzn.eu/brH5GeW this card works fine with no problem. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi.. I just bought a Gopro Hero 5 black without knowing that Sandisk Sd card is causing the problems.. Any update?

Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous

At this point in time, if you just purchased the SanDisk card it's recommended to return it and go with a different manufacturer's MicroSD card, one that is mentioned in the history of this thread. It appears the SanDisk cards simply result in SD ERROR on the Hero 5 Black the majority of the time with little or no explanation from either GoPro or SanDisk. From a personal point, I went with the Lexar 1000x and I've had 0 issues right out of the package. Here is the Lexar card I purchased. Hope it helps and good luck.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1112995-REG/lexar_lsdmi64gcbnl1000r_64gb_pro_micro_sdxc.html

Highlighted
Anonymous

Dear shemshem,

Thank you for your reply.

I am quite dissappointed on such unknown problem as the SD card did mention that it is for Gopro at the front package. I will try to get an exchange.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I tried doing this and still was getting the error.  Their website CHAT is no help either

Highlighted
Anonymous

I tried a ScanDisk [3] 64MB disk and kept getting the error, after manually updating via GoPro's website.  I swapped my old [1] 32MB Scan Disk card from my Hero 3 and worked no issue