Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Hero 5 Black sd error

It gets even worse.... So I call the 1-800 support line... guy picks up who can barely speak English. Accent so heavy he's having to spell out words because I can't understand him... After trying to explain my problem, that the camera works fine indoors but not in the cold... AND THEIR ONLY SOLUTION IS GO BUY MORE PARTS.

What a joke of a company. Why do people stand by these clowns? Im trying to explain my problem and work through the language barrier W/ a customer service rep who clearly doesn't care about helping.

Done throwing money at this thing. Warning everyone I can to STAY AWAY FROM GOPRO
Tourist

I understand your frustration there @Anonymous.  I called yesterday to start down the path of the SD Card Error issue and also got someone who I did not understand.  Due to my daughters screaming/fighting over what Santa brought them I told him I had to go and I'd call back.  When I called back I got a very polite lady who spoke English very well.  

Side note - The nice lady mentioned she was going to e-mail me right away (2-3minutes) so that I could reply to her e-mail with a picture of the GoPro camera and the error message as well as a photo of the SD card.  I have not yet received that e-mail.  When I called back later that day I was told they were still working on sending the e-mail out but were slammed busy (which I can understand being a day after Christmas).  I am wondering if they are trying to get a hold of the SD Card Error issue before e-mailing out. Anyone else in this wait-and-see period? 

Tourist

Another item of note (since I'm here posting anyway) is my brother actually bought a Hero5 Black during a Black Friday sale.  He coupled it with a Sandisk Extreme 128GB SD card.  He's not had any issue at all with it.  He's shot video indoors and outdoors while skiing and in cold temps to boot.  Quality all around is supperb.  Makes me wonder if there is a bad run/batch/group of cameras like @drdimento mentioned.  Food for thought I guess. 

Anonymous

If it's a bad batch they need to take responsibility! Neither the retailer or manufacturer will accept return/exchange/credit... They weren't polite at all! Cholo on the phone was anything but helpful. So frustrating. Maybe I'll try again and hope for someone who speaks the same language I do. Not getting my hopes up based on my experience thus far
Anonymous

Hiker

@Anonymous perhaps the safest way is to return it and get another one from a different store with the hopes that the new one will be from a different batch.  There are some that this has worked for them.  Having worked for big corporations all my former life, when the returns mount up, there's a quick solution.  :-)

Hiker

@Anonymous hope it gets resolved for ya.  Always remember, you're not in it alone and keep an eye on your product return date, as there is always the option to return the product as defective and get a replacement, preferrably from a different store just in case there is a bad batch and that store's inventory came from the same box/batch.

Hiker

@saulcustom looks pretty awesome to me.  More and more the problem seems to be associated with a batch or bathes of bad GoPro Hero 5 Black's, especially when the same SanDisk cards work fine in all othter products AND their are other cards that are having the same SD Card Error issue in the H5B's and other issues like screen lock ups, green and gray screens, and auto shut downs, that are definitely not SD Card Error related.