Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Hero 5 Black sd error

[ New ]

Take the SD card out of the camera and put it into a USB or SD card adapter.  Plug this into your computer and manually move the files to the folder of your choice.  Once you have safely moved the files to your computer, format the SD card.  Do a full format (not quick) as there may be errors on the card.  Once the card has been formatted in the computer, place it in the camera and format once again.

Anonymous

[ New ]

same issue with same card 

easy fix though all you have to do is re format the card with the gopro in settings and also you need to use the app to update the gopro and it should all work 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi,

I got this SD card error now too. I have use my GOPRO Hero 5 Black for less than 20 times.

I have tried reform card in PC, MAC and at camera settings itself. None of these help.

I have tried Update camera in GoPro Quik and it is saying "Could not complete update, something went wrong and the firmware update for HERO5 Black could not be completed. Try again, or contact customer support for help"

Also i have tried Factory settings in camera settings, but no answer for SD card problem.

I just wanna use my camera, hope someone can help me with this problem. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

It worked with my Hero5.

Thanks.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I can confirm that the SanDisk Ultra does not always workin the Hero 5, it gets SD Card Erros most of the time.

Anonymous

[ New ]
Thank Mate this fixed my SD card issue as well
Tourist

[ New ]

Guys, I have found a temporary solution for that issue when you don`t want to format the card etc. Just put it in any phone with the card slot and start the phone. After the start you can just take the card away and put it back in the camera - it will work.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I had the same problem with a Sandisk extreme card (bought in 2016). I tried everything (formatting in different computers with different programs, etc) and my solution was buying a new card. I bought the Samsung pro plus and everything works fine now. Amazing camera btw :) First time gopro user so I’m very excited.